Throughout the month of April, At Home is working with Habitat for Humanity to raise funds and awareness to help families across the United States achieve strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable housing. From April 1st until April 30th, At Home has pledged to raise a minimum contribution of $250,000!! How amazing is that?? Eeeppp!! So exciting!! If you would like to help out, there are three ways you can donate, in-store, online or by purchasing one of their candles!
Soooo, being that Habitat for Humanity’s official colour is BLUE, I thought it would be fun to show my support of At Home’s collaboration with Habitat for Humanity’s Home is the Key Campaign by sharing some of my favourite blue pieces from their website along with 5 simple ways you can incorporate BLUE into your home! Let’s dig right into it! …
5 Ways To Incorporate Blue In Your Home:
1. Furniture: Furniture is one of the easiest ways to add colour into your home. If you’re looking to add a bold coloured, statement piece, try a navy blue couch, a light blue chair, a turquoise armour, or a blue striped bench will do the trick!
2. Pillows & Throws: You can mix and match colours AND patterns when it comes to pillows and throws. Try adding a solid blue pillow with a blue pattern (see anchor pillow below) to create a playful and bright space! Throws can also be the perfect pop of colour for any bedroom or couch. These are also great to change out seasonally!
3. Rugs: Add a pop of blue to ANY room with area rugs, from small to large, you’re in control of how much colour you want to add to your space. I like to use neutral rugs with soft blues to help tie in the room while including some colour.
4. Vintage Decor: There is no better shade of blue than in vintage decor finds. I absolutely love coming across blue trunks, cameras, clocks, chests, water weights, glass jars … the mixture of navy to sea foam and everything in between … there really is nothing better! They look perfect on your bookcase or scattered throughout your home.
5. Paint: Last but definitely not least, you can incorporate blue into your home with PAINT!!!! I have included a few different shades of blue into my new home that I can’t wait to share with you. Including Leo’s bathroom vanity and the pantry!! My tips are to try painting cabinets and cupboards first … and then move to walls once you get a little bit more gutsy.
What are some of your favourite ways to add pops of blue into your home?? Make sure to comment below!