Hi loves and happy Friday to you all!! Considering we’re heading into a long weekend AND our Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up, I thought it would be fun to share a delish (and boozy!) seasonal cocktail with you!! Ladies and Gentleman … let me introduce you to the Apple Ginger Bourbon Smash!!
This festive cocktail is PERFECT for Thanksgiving or as a welcome drink for fall dinner parties! We were inspired to whip this cocktail up after our recent trip to Davison Orchards in Vernon, BC … it got all of us into the autumn spirit (even though it was a heat wave that day! LOL), and we really wanted to try and incorporate their delicious pure apple juice into a cocktail … and BOOM … the Apple Ginger Bourbon Smash was born!
Alright, here’s what we came up with …
Apple Ginger Bourbon Smash
Makes one cocktail. Easily double or multiplied to serve more!
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- .5 oz triple sec or dash orange bitters
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh unsweetened apple juice or apple cider (I got some from a local orchard in town!)
- Ginger beer for topping
- For garnish: Apple slices or cinnamon sticks
- Combine bourbon, triple sec, lemon juice and apple juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until you feel the outside of the shaker starting to get cold, and then strain through shaker into small glass filled with ice, about 3/4 full.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with apple slices or cinnamon.
What’s your favourite fall cocktail?? Comment below!!