Happy happy Monday to YOU!! With our recent move and being foced to pack and unpack my closet I started paying attention to what I considered my “staple” items these days. While my style has stayed pretty much the same over the years (I mean other than obvious fashion trends), there are a couple of new items in my closet which I didn’t think would be in there, like a one-piece swimsuit for example. I thought I ditched those when I was 5. Who would have thunk?! LOL!
Anyway, as I sorted through everything I thought to myself that this could be a fun blog to share with you all and low and behold that’s when the “10 Staples Every 30-Something-Year-Old Needs in Her Closet” was born. Right there, in my mess of dresses, shoes and flattened cardboard boxes. I should mention here that this blog DOES NOT only pertain to those of us who are in their 30’s, it pertains to ANYONE … I just so happen to be in the later years of my 30’s and felt it was an appropriate title … LOL!! Ok now that I’ve cleared that up, let’s dive in!
1. Midi Dress: The “Midi Dress” falls just below the knees but doesn’t go all the way down to the floor like a Maxi Dress. They’re a spring and summer STAPLE! I have a couple of midi dresses that I LOVE, both are from Urban Outfitters and they’re pictured below.
2. Cute Nikes: If you were watching mine and Kaitlyn’s antics via Instagram Stories last Wednesday you would have heard my story from back in the day when I first met Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn would ALWAYS wear runners and I thought it was a total fashion faux pas. so … me being me … I told her not to wear them ALL THE TIME (LOL!!). I know, I’m an ass. LOL. BUT speaking of asses, karma came back and bit me in mine because it turns out she was ahead of the fashion curve all along … they’re now TOTALLY IN STYLE and I wear Nike sneakers all the time!! Sorry, Kaitlyn … you were right … I was wrong.
3. One Piece Swimsuit: I used to ONLY love bikini’s and I thought it was SOOO FRICKIN WEIRD that people wore one piece swimsuits UNTIL I saw Shay wearing them (she ONLY wears one piece suits). She convinced me to purchase the striped one below and I thought for SURE I was going to hate it. Welp. Turns out I’m a one piece mega fan. Dammit. Foiled again.
4. Ruffle Tops/Dresses: Not only are these little ruffle tops and dresses soooo effing cute (and stylish) BUT they also hide those little lumps and bumps (you know what I’m talkin’ about) … dual purpose. WIN WIN.
5. Comfy Chunky Heels: It’s no lie … I’m a girl that loooooves her heels but if one thing has changed over the years and after having Leo it’s the size of the heels and comfort takes priority! I know some of you are probably looking at the bottom photo and thinking “Like HELL I’m wearing heels and pushing a stroller” but heyyyy, while I’m a huge sneakers fan I also like to get dressed up and hit the town with my main man, which is WHY I’m so picky with my heels now!
6. Cute Hat: Well this is just a no-brainer hats are amazing for beach days, bad hair days or those mornings when you’re just running behind!! Just toss on a cute ball cap, floppy hat or a fedora and you’re good to go, sister!!
7. A Big Clutch: I love me a BIG clutch… and yes, size matters here ladies. The bigger the clutch I can get my hands on, the better! When I’m out and about I like to have a clutch big enough to throw all of my things it in and forget about them!
8. Little Black Dress: The LBD!! My absolutely FAVE little black dress is from Aritzia (pictured below), I love it for the fact that I can wear it to all of my events or “fancy” nights and all I really need to do to dress it up or down is switch up my accessories!
9. Overalls: I’ve ONLY shared these overalls about 100 times with you already but I’m SO EXCITED to have finally found the perfect pair of overalls!! They fit so go, they don’t make you look frumpy AND they’re only $45. SOLD.
10. Jean Jacket: A jean jacket is so perfect for those chilly Fall, Spring AND Summer days … I think we ALL have a jean jacket or two in our closets … and if you don’t … what in the hell are you waiting for?? They’re the best!
What do you consider some of your closet staples?? Share away below!!