Hello loves!! I’m back today to share another quick and simple BBQ recipe for you to try before summer comes to an end! Tori made these DELISH Tofu Skewers for Hayden’s Sip and See a few weeks ago and they were such a hit that I wanted to make sure I passed the recipe along to you! These are the perfect dish to complement your weeknight dinner or a fun appetizer to bring along to a weekend pool party!
If you’re planning on giving these a try I just want to point out that you should get the tofu and marinade ready the NIGHT BEFORE you want to serve them so the tofu has enough time to soak up all of the delicious flavours! That way your tofu won’t be bland, instead, it will have an awesome punch of flavour!
Let’s kick this off with the crispy tofu recipe from Fraiche Nutrition as you’ll want to get this ready first thing prior to anything else!
- 2-350g. packages extra firm tofu
- 1/4 c. black rice vinegar*
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3″ piece of ginger, peeled & cut into thin pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
*you can substitute 1/2 white rice vinegar and 1/2 balsamic vinegar if needed
- Cut the tofu into 3″ x 1/2″ slices (doesn’t have to be exact), poke holes in the tofu (so it really soaks up the marinade!) and place in a medium shallow dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan, and over medium heat, bring the mixture to a simmer for 1 minute. Pour the mixture over the tofu, gently combine to coat all of the tofu, and let the tofu marinade overnight.
After your tofu has marinated overnight, you can then prepare your skewers! You can use any veggies you like but Tori used red peppers, red onion, and pineapple chunks on the skewers she made for the Sip and See and they were so tasty! All you have to do it cut your preferred veggies up into chunks and alternate them on the skewer (make sure to soak your skewers in water first before loading them up!) along with the marinated tofu, brush them with a little olive oil and grill ’em on the BBQ!
You can also whip up one of your favourite dips to go along with them as well, a spicy peanut dip would be delish with these or even some of your leftover marinade!!