Happy Canada Day my loves!!! My Bella (also known as Tori from Fraiche Nutrition) delivered a healthy and beautiful baby boy Max into this world on June 29th at 3:40AM. I don’t know how she does it but she STILL managed to send me this delicious Black Bean Chipotle Veggie Burger recipe for the long weekend and I couldn’t help but share it with you. She really is a woman with a million talents!!! I have been trying to find the perfect homemade veggie burger recipe and in my opinion, these ones taste way better than the real deal and you’ll feel better eating them! They are totally gluten free and are jam packed with flavour and goodness. Get creative with how you dress them and they’ll be your go-to burgers all summer long!!!
Makes 4-6 burgers
- 1 can (398ml) black beans, rinsed & divided in half
- 1/3 c. finely diced red onion
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c. cooked brown rice
- ½ c. chopped cilantro
- Avocado slices
- Sliced red onion
- Tomato slices
- Chipotle Mayo
Combine ½ c. mayonnaise with 1-2 tsp. of chipotle hot sauce and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, mash half of the black beans with a fork.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, including the rest of the black beans, in the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Prepare the chipotle mayo below.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Cook the veggie burgers in two batches, approximately 4 minutes per side, until they are golden brown and crispy. Gently flip the burgers over and cook on the other side until brown and crispy as well. Serve immediately with your favorite burger toppings.
I hope you all have an amazing long weekend my loves!!!
Jilly and Tori