Just in time for summer patio sipping … we bring you a deliciously refreshing Blood Orange French 75! This cocktail is PERFECT to whip up while citrus fruits are in season and not only is it yummy but it’s also so beautiful as the blood oranges make the most stunning presentation!! This cocktail also contains the perfect hint of bubbles thanks to La Marca Prosecco and mint syrup which gives a fresh herby element to this classic cocktail and not to mention, it’s so easy to make!!
Make sure to serve this summer cocktail in a champagne glass for bonus presentation points! It also makes the perfect welcome drink to serve up at your next dinner party!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 oz mint simple syrup
- 1 oz gin
- 1 oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 2-3 oz prosecco or bubbly of choice (we used La Marca Prosecco !)
- Blood orange slices (for garnish)
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- Make the mint syrup. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring to a low boil. Stir until sugar has dissolved and simmer on low heat for 8-10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in torn mint leaves. Let sit for 10 minutes, then strain the mint leaves from the syrup. Transfer to a small jar and refrigerate to cool.
- Make the cocktail. In a champagne flute, add a slice of blood orange along the inside of the glass. Add in cooled syrup, gin, and blood orange juice, and stir to combine. Fill glass to the top with prosecco and garnish with fresh mint leaves. ENJOY!