1/3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup cherries
3 drops almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 450F
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a bowl
3. Crack an egg in a glass measuring cup and mix with a fork
4. Add milk to the glass measuring cup until the 3/4 cup mark. Add almond extract.
5. Mix in the butter with the flour mixture using your hands until the butter is the size of peas. Keep the butter cold!
6. Pour in the milk and egg mixture and stir with a fork just till it sticks together. Add in your cherries and add a bit more milk if it’s still too powdery (do NOT over mix).
7. Dump out onto a lightly floured counter, press together gently, and cut into around 6 pieces. Add sliced almonds to top them off. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake around 15 minutes till done!