I have been working with the absoultely INCREDIBLY Rachel Doell of Daily Routine Fitness and not only has she gotten me into incredible shape, but she’s also introduced me to super healthy eating that I actually look forward to! That alone is no small miracle! We made these turkey lettuce wraps together a couple of weeks back. It is SUCH a simple & easy recipe!! Did I also mention that it’s super healthy?! Hope you all enjoy as much as I did!!
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- 2 tbs of peanut butter
- 1 tbs of light soya sauce
- 1 tbs of Hoisin sauce
- juice from one lime
- 1 tbs of sesame oil
- 1 lb of lean ground organic turkey
- 1 head of lettuce (butter or iceberg)
- 2 carrots finely diced
- 3 celery stalks finely diced
- 1/2 can of diced waterchesnuts
- 3/4 cup of diced crimini mushrooms (can omit if you aren’t a mushroom fan but I try to get in as many veggies as possible)
- julliened green/red/yellow peppers
- crushed peanuts
- sunflower or pea sprouts
- chopped cilantro
- hoisin sauce as garnish
In a heavy skillet, on medium melt the coconut oil, sesame oil, peanut butter. Add turkey and cook until lightly golden. Add soya sauce, hoisin, lime, carrots, celery, mushrooms & waterchesnuts. Cook until mushrooms are well cooked.
Serve up on pieces of lettuce and layer with peppers, peanuts, sprouts and lots of cilantro…finish with a teaspoon of hoisin cause & a squeeze of lime & ENJOY!!
For more information on eating clean and daily fitness, visit Daily Routine Fitness
Photo (1st & 3rd) & Video Credit: Daily Routine Fitness