One of my favourite times of the year is finally HERE … I know that it’s not Christmas but I swear it’s the next best thing!!!! If you weren’t already aware, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is sneaking up on us fast … Early Access starts on July 14th!!! In this blog I am going to prep you, educate you, and help you get ready for it … so grab your coffee and lets do this together!!!
One of the main reasons I LOVE this sale is because it gives me the opportunity to start stocking up on fall staples … typically sales occur after the season, but Nordstrom is one of the only retailers that puts this sale together for the current and NEXT season’s collections for its loyal customers. Lets start this off with some key dates you need to know and should mark down in your calendars. If you’re a Nordstrom Card Holder (more details below), you can shop the sale starting THIS Thursday, July 14. The first week of the sale is reserved for Nordstrom’s loyal customers and typically the best items fly off the shelves during this first week. The second date you need to know is Friday, July 22. This is the day the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens to the public for shopping, in-store and online. This day is similar to Boxing Day and Black Friday …. but in August!! And the last date you need to know … Sunday, August 7. This is the LAST day to shop the sale, on August 8th all prices will go back up.
Before I get into the TO-DO list that I’ve wrote for you … I want to mention to you that this year I will be dedicating a spot on the shop page that is strictly for the Nordstrom Sale picks. I will be updating it on a daily basis as I find new items and bigger deals. I don’t want to overwhelm anyone by always posting about the sale (even though I will be so excited) so make sure you check that section for my top picks and the best of the best deals!!
TO-DO LIST TO GET READY FOR THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE:
1. Nordstrom Rewards Membership: If you want first dibs on the sale … the only way you get it is with the Nordstrom Rewards Membership card. It is SUPER easy to get … all you have to do is apply here!!!
2. Scan Your Wardrobe: You know what your wardrobe needs and also what you WANT! So make your shopping list (the next on the to-do list) with these items in mind. Take this as your chance to tick those items off your wishlist and save some cash all at the same time … your wardrobe and bank will be thanking you later.
3. Make A Shopping List: The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Catalogue has been posted and I’ve linked it for you here!!! Read through this and make a list of some of the items you are after. Now is the time to make your decisions of what you need vs. what you want, and to see what the best DEALS are!!!! It’s almost a jump start to the sale, so that you can get a sense of the types of items that will be included.
4. Start Saving: Start thinking of ways you can save some extra cash to put towards sale shopping. Maybe skip your daily coffee and lunches out and instead put that money towards your shopping list. That extra money will quickly add up and might even tick an entire item off the list. Shopping can sometimes seem like it’s breaking the bank but if there is ever a perfect time to shop … it’s during sales!!!
5. What To Buy: I search through the preview catalog that Nordstrom sends from cover to cover to figure out exactly what I’m interested in. The catalog doesn’t show EVERYTHING but it gives you a good idea of what will be available. In my opinion, NOW is the time to treat yourself and splurge a little on investment pieces. It’s one of the only times I support “buying designer” and what I mean by that is spending money on something you will have FOREVER, that won’t date or go out of style and will be a staple item in your closet for years to come. These items are generally a bit pricier and they tend to be a recognized as “name brand,” which if you know me, you know that I wouldn’t NORMALLY buy these items!!
Here are some items that are on my list this year:
- Decor – Nordstrom has a great selection of decor items at a GREAT price!! When shopping during the sale people tend to forget to even LOOK at the home section …. you don’t know what you’re missing people!! I will be doing a blog with JUST my top decor picks for you so stay tuned.
- Coats – Now is the perfect time to invest in a staple coat that will last you season through season. My Mackage jacket has been a staple in my closet for YEARS and I originally bought it in the Nordstrom Sale!!!
- Boots/Booties – the BEST time to buy the season’s hottest boots/booties is now. I am still in love with the over the knee style but if they’re not on sale they can be a bit of an investment!!! I am also obsessed with the everyday casual options that can be dressed up and down with a cute little heel.
- Perfume – some of my favourite perfumes are from Nordstrom. They are always on my list for special occasions BUT I like to treat myself to one during the sale when I can save some extra bucks on it!!
- Purses – I have never really been one to invest in purses and usually just buy the cheaper alternatives that are functional and seasonal. BUT now is the time to invest and treat yourself to a GOOD bag that you will have for years to come that is timeless and won’t ever go out of style. Not to mention Nordstrom has a great selection of vegan options too!!!
- Sunglasses – I seem to ALWAYS buy sunglasses in sales … I’m not sure if I’ve ever bought them at full price and think that now is the perfect time to buy a new shape or brand that you wouldn’t normally try!
- Watches/Jewelry – watches are always a great “gift to yourself” at sale times … they aren’t too far out of budget and now is a great time to save the extra money on a staple investment piece that you will wear on a daily basis for years. I still have and still wear some of my first ever watches …
Make sure you check back on THURSDAY, July 14th for my first round of picks in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale blog series …. If you have any questions or want to see anything in particular, let me know in the comments below!!