Well… I have always HATED New Years resolutions…I feel like we are setting ourselves up to fail!!! I used to sit with my friend Carol and instead write down the 5 things we were most grateful for from the past year. Today…I am going to do both, breaking it up throughout the day so make sure to check back!!!
2014 Brought me…
Nacho: I love him SO SO SO much. He has brought SO much JOY to Justin and my life it is unbelievable. He has turned us into a little family and we are so grateful to have him be such a huge part of our life!!
Career: I kept my nose to the grindstone but also balanced myself better than last year. Some Career highlights were…
- Landing a spot on Good Morning America recently, being featured on the Today Show, having a regular column in Style at Home
- Taking www.jillianharris.com to a whole new level with an entirely new and amazing team!!
- Joining the RewardStyle and LiketoKnow.it team!
- My partnerships with LG, Canadian Tire, Pier One and various wonderful web partnerships…
- Launching my own clothing line – Jh for Priv AND my own RUG line with Korhani Home!
- Scoring another season of Love it Or List it Vancouver
- Being blessed with 200k Instagram lovers (thank you to every single one of you!)
- AND of course, meeting and hugging Carrie Underwood!
Balance: Visits from friends from around the country. Spending the holidays with my family AND Justin’s family all together, which was something totally different and wonderful for us! Spending hours and hours on the lake, and chilling with the people I love the most. Sitting and watching my dad play the guitar, or cannon balling in to the lake with my cousin Sammy. Bear hugs from Charlie, EVERY SINGLE time I see him. Working with the Make a Wish Foundation, Kelowna Food Bank AND the Covenant Sleep Out for the 3rd year. Hours and hours in the back yard. Gardening and sipping wine. Partying with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band… again! Throwing an EPIC halloween party!
Mom & Dad: Not many know this, but early this last November, my Daddy suffered from a heart attack. It broke my heart and had the whole family praying for his recovery. I am SO thankful for the sports medicine doctors, Nurses and Technicians who saved my Dad’s life, and got him quick care at the Kelowna General Hospital. But then… just 22 days later, my sweet Mama’s heart was obviously so attached to my Dad’s, that she too had a heart attack. With the same wonderful care given to her…and to ring in the new year, I got to keep my Mommy and Daddy a little longer.
Tell me… what were your 2014 highlights??
Don’t forget to check back later for my 2015 goals!!!