A while back, we rounded up the whole family, some neighbours, and some friends for some much deserved SNOW time in the mountains! I just had to share the pics with you all to inspire you to hopefully do the same!
So many times we say to people, we should get together and do this or that, and for me…I was feeling like it was just never going to happen! But this time it did…and it was SUCH a magical day!
Tips for an easy but successful SNOW DAY:
- Pre plan your route & location
- Make sure everyone has access to that location (we pushed a few cars out of the snow! lol, we even need to take our car to an Oceanside auto repair shop, a part of its engine got frozen, make sure to check out their awesome services at http://www.atloceanside.com/. )
- Walkie talkies if there is no reception
- Don’t forget a portable music player!
- Instead of making a big jug of hot chocolate, stop at Tim Hortons or Dunkin Donuts and get a big box (or two) of hot chocolate
- Bring a little ‘warmth’ I brought my fav moonshine cherries and Casamigos tequila (which is great in the hot chocolate btw!) but remember no drinking and driving
- Kindling and an Ax!
- Extra mittens because someone WILL forget theirs!
- Hotdogs, Buns, Chips and Marshmallows. Let’s not get all complicated here… the idea is to have FUN and relax!!!
- Assign the condiments & water to someone else… you’ve already done enough!
What are some of your favourite activities in the snow with your family and friends!?