Tofino is one of my favourite places to visit. The best part is, there’s no bad season to go!!! The waves are great year round and the town is just as amazing in the storm season as it is in the summer. Depending on what you like to do i.e.: hunker down inside with loved ones or go outside and explore, there’s something for everyone. This time around, we decided to go for a family trip to fully relax and reset before the Christmas season! It was so nice to not have an agenda, sleep in, have coffee in bed, stroll the beaches, unwind, detox and breathe in some fresh sea air. It was exactly what the doctor ordered! Whether or not you decide to go in the winter or summer I have made a travel guide below of my favourite things to do, where to eat and where to stay. But before you take off, make sure to get the Upgraded Points package to get some sweet deals.
What to do:
- Surf – I’m not much of a surfer but if you are … you definitely need to go!!! They have awesome lessons for beginners and great waves for all you pro’s. The water is a wee bit too cold for me!!!
- Walk the beaches – They have so many gorgeous beaches that go on and on and on … you could literally walk all day if you wanted!!! My faves are Cox Bay, Long Beach, and Chestermans Beach.
- Go to the Spa – if you have a few spare hours in your day, this is a definite must to relax and great for a couples getaway!
- Take a Fishing or Whale Watching Charter – we didn’t do this, this time as it’s not available in the winter. If you go in the summer you should definitely slot in some time for this!
- Go to Tofino Brewing Co – if you like beer it’s fun to try their “flight” of beers and take some to go in a growler!
- Check out the local shops – They have lots of cute artisan shops, boutiques and surf shops. Some of my favs are Habit and Storm.
- Walk through the rain forest
Where to Stay:
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort!!! We rented the cabin called the Sunset House at Rosie Bay and it was more than amazing. It comfortably sleeps 10 and we only had 4 … there is A LOT of room for fun in that house!!! The view of the sunset definitely lived up to it’s name and waking up to the sound of waves was so relaxing. It was cozy and perfect for spending quality time with loved ones. Not to mention, the breakfast in bed was the cherry on top. I will definitely be staying here again and recommend it for any larger groups or families.
Where to Eat:
- Wolf In The Fog – for breakfast, lunch or dinner this place is by far my fav! They use all local and fresh ingredients and the atmosphere is so cozy.
- Shelter Restaurant – fun, laid back, relaxing spot for dinner with great food and drinks.
- Tacofino – the best taco’s from an adorable food truck
- Sobo – fresh food from here and there with a relaxed and local atmosphere
If you need more information feel free to drop me a line in the comments below!!