I’m always looking for new ways to make myself feel better inside and out but I’ve found the harder I looked for new and reinvented ideas the more obvious it became that feeling refreshed and energized can be achieved through SIMPLE daily habits. I think sometimes we overwhelm ourselves by wanting to look and feel good NOW rather than realizing it’s the routines we get ourselves into that majorly affect this!!! So when I sat back and took notes of the things I do … or at least TRY to do on daily basis I quickly realized there are 5 habits that help ME stay refreshed that anyone can do!!!
1. Skin Care: Finding a skin care routine that works for you is KEY when it comes to feeling and LOOKING beautiful and revitalized in the winter months!!! As soon as the new year hits I tend to wake up with dry flaky skin (almost lizard-like lol) so jumping back into a skin care routine is one of my biggest tips. One of my FAVOURITE things to do to jumpstart my skin is throw on the Sulwhasoo Radiance Energy Mask after a long day (you don’t have to wait 15 minutes like most masks which makes it SO easy for me) …. and then waking up with my skin feeling bright and fresh.When ya look good … YA FEEL GOOD!!!! These masks are a MUST try!
2. Exercise: I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t been working out as much as I would like to but that doesn’t change the fact that I know just HOW important this is!!! When I workout I FEEL amazing and it’s no lie that working out releases endorphins, reduces stress and helps me SLEEP better!!!! Even if you can squeeze in a hot yoga class I promise you will feel better!! OH AND can I just mention that summer is only about 5 months away???? … Insert panic here …lol!!!!
3. Me Time: If you read My 2017 New Years Resolutions blog you’ll know that this was #2 on my list!!! While I absolutely LOVE hanging out with my family and friends on the regular I also know that it’s necessary to have “me time” in addition to this. Whether it’s taking a candlelit bath and listening to my favourite music with Leo or taking on a new hobby … I think it’s so important for EVERYONE to get some much needed (and well deserved) “me time” in their lives regularly … you have to allow yourself to do things that make you happy and feel relaxed!!! It’s important not only physically but emotionally as well!!!!
4. Healthy Eating & Hydration: On Monday I shared my top 10 Foods to Kickstart a Healthy New Year I love everything that I included in the blog post and feel soooooo good when I eat a healthy balanced diet. When you feel good on the inside it reflects how you feel on the outside (and in how good your jeans fit … LOL)!!! Oh … AND … don’t forget to HYDRATE … water, water, water!!!!! Water is one of the most important things for you and your brain. It helps the way that you function throughout the day and allows you to manage your stress better (which I’m working on). Not only is it important to eat healthy and hydrate for yourself BUT it’s also important for all of the breastfeeding mommas out there!!! I find that when I don’t drink enough water my milk production lacks and I feel soooo sluggish!!!!
5. SLEEP: This one’s a no-brainer … sleep is ESSENTIAL for a healthy lifestyle!!! While this can be slightly difficult to achieve with little Leo … I try to take FULL advantage of a good night’s rest when he decides to sleep in!!!! The days I get a FULL 8 hours sleep I literally feel like Wonder Woman!!!!! … Who knew we just needed a little shut-eye once in a while to feel like we can take over the world?!?! Lol!!!!
There you have it … pretty simple right?!?! There’s no need to overcomplicate things when we don’t have to, some things are meant to be easy and while it may not be easy (or convenient) to commit to working out 3-5 times per week we DO know that every little bit counts and leads us down the path to feeling healthy and energized!!!!!
What are some of your favourite ways to feel refreshed???? Share them with me in the comments below!!!!
Thank you Sulwhasoo for sponsoring this post. All comments and opinions are my own.