Hi everyone, if you don’t already know me, I am Tori Wesszer of Fraiche Nutrition and I will be taking over Jilly’s blog today. Are you tired of the same old kale salad? Taste buds, meet the Mexican Kale Salad. Packed with outrageous flavor, you will completely forget that you’re eating ‘clean.’ You can substitute sugar or another similar sweetener for the honey in the salad dressing if you want to go completely vegan. If you’re more liberal with your food choices, adding a ½ cup of feta cheese is a nice touch.
This salad looks so pretty layered, full of brilliant colors. Almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
- 4 cups chopped kale, loosely packed
- 1 c. chopped cilantro
- 1 c. diced orange or red pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cooked corn, cooled
- 1 can drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ seeded and finely diced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)
Honey Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. sugar or honey
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2/3 c. vegetable or olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Place each of the salad ingredients in a large shallow platter or bowl and arrange in sections of ingredients.
- Combine all of the salad dressing ingredients in a mason jar except for the oil.
- Add the oil in a steady stream while whisking until it is emulsified (I use an Aerolatte whipper for a perfectly emulsified salad dressing!).
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
Let me know what types of recipes you want to see this year in the comments below …
Tori – fraiche nutrition