What’s better to celebrate St. Paddy’s day with (other than copious amounts of green beer … LOL!) than Vegan Shamrock Coconut Key Lime Tartlets?!☘ I’m a sucker for key lime ANYTHING so when we were brainstorming recipe ideas for St.Patrick’s day, this was obviously the big winner!! Plus, anything in individual servings is adorable! We decided to make traditional key lime tartlets but with a vegan twist … and put my vintage tartlet pans to some good use!! So, if you’re heading to a St. Patrick’s day party this weekend (or have an Easter brunch planned!) then you should definitely whip these little treats up for your friends! LOL! Alright, grab your green beer … ummm … I mean coffee … and let’s get to it!!
Ps. There is ZERO food colouring in these tartlets, the green colour comes from Matcha powder!!
For the crust:
- 2 cups vegan graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp vegan butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight or for 10 minutes in boiling water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Zest of 3 key limes (or 2 regular limes if unavailable)
- Juice of 5 key limes (or 3 regular limes if unavailable)
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder (optional – gives the tart a soft green colour)
For the tarts:
- 8 small tartlet pans, greased (or one 9” tart pan)
- Large flake coconut, toasted, for serving
- Coconut whip cream
- Key limes, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease the tartlet pans.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs with melted vegan butter.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of crust into tartlet pan.
- Starting from the center, use your fingers to press down and up the sides of the pan.
- Continue until crust is evenly distributed in your pan.
- Bake tartlets for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large blender, combine all filling ingredients and blend on high for 2 minutes or until fully combined.
- Taste and adjust flavours as needed (add more lime, salt, sweetener or matcha for colour).
- Once the crusts have cooled, add 3-4 tbsp filling into each tartlet.
- Top with coconut whip cream, toasted coconut and lime wedges for garnish.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store in the fridge for up to two days. BEST SERVED FRESH!
Wherever you go and whatever you do, may the luck of the Irish be there with you … and don’t forget to bring your Shamrock Coconut Key Lime Tartlets with you …