Every time I go to Maui I like to do a recap for you as I ALWAYS discover new and exciting things that I want to share!! Are any of you planning a Spring Break getaway?? If you are…I highly suggest Maui!! It is hot, safe, clean, and SO MUCH FUN!!!! It really is a place for all ages…depending on who you go with it’s great for everyone! For me, one of the reasons I love it so much is because it’s SO easy. I’ve been there before so I know the in’s and out’s and there’s no really surprises. Normally I go all over the Island – but with this trip being only 5 days we decided to spend most of our time in Wailea and Kihei. If you want a full Island guide head over to some of my other blogs!!! This time I got to just RELAX, explore new things and enjoy time with my loved ones. STRESS FREE!!!! Now that’s what a true vacation is really about….right!?!?! Here’s a recap of what I did and what I suggest….
Where To Stay:
- Fairmont Kea Lani – This is a MUST stay … even for just a few nights.
- My Condo – I rent it out all year round and OF COURSE you can stay there…we’re buds!!! Trust me … it’s a little slice of heaven!!!
- Oceanfront Inn – this is my all time Maui secret….if you are on a budget this hotel is a MUST. It is directly on the best beach in Maui (in my opinion). You don’t have to walk through a lobby or deal with anything…you walk outside and you’re on the beach!!! OH…AND IT’S CHEAP!!!!!
What To Do:
- Trilogy Boat Cruise – OMG this was AMAZING…a boat cruise all to ourselves (I would go again right now)!!! We were so close to whales breaching…I can still see the barnacles in my head!!
- Rent a Jeep from Alamo with the help of Discount Hawaii Car Rental to make sure you get the best deal… honestly truly, I don’t normally preach about rental services BUT they gave me the best customer service I’ve ever received!!! Not only did we get an amazing deal they searched the Island for the best jeep EVER for us!! I can’t begin to explain how fantastic they were!!! I HIGHLY recommend them to you…
- Explore the Island easily in the jeep -If it’s raining or cloudy…this is the perfect activity!!! This time we went to Up Country. It’s maui farmer region…you can literally get ANYTHING under the sun and it’s all local. PS that’s also where Oprah’s house is…maybe you’ll get to see her!!!!
- SLEEP IN and enjoy brunch at the Fairmont – when you book your rooms, you can get the brunch included…and you’re full almost ALL day!!!
- Justin and I LOVE the pool bar at The Fairmont … lots of our time was spent here lol!!!
- Try out the different beaches…
- Drink Mai Tai’s and play cards in the sun….ALL day!
- Nicks Fishmarket Maui
- 5 Palms – they have the best OMLETTES!!! AND guava mimosas….I could use one right now!!!!
- KO Restaurant – they have this albacore tuna dish that they serve on hot lava rocks…you serve it yourself and it’s SO cool
- Maui Tacos – this is another secret budget place of mine…we eat here ALL the time!!
I know you’re all thinking about what to pack for a vacation…..BUT you will have to stay tuned for next week and I will put together a big list for you!!!!
What are some of YOUR favourite things to do on vacation?? Maui in particular…I LOVE adding to my To Do list!!!