I have a confession to make …. in my next life I want to be a party planner. This dream of mine all started when I used to plan house boating trips for 30 some friends a few years ago. I found that it was a lot easier on EVERYONE if I just took it all on myself. I would tally everything up and keep track of what I was buying (enough for everyone) and we would all split the total cost at the end. That way no one is buying individual things or missing anything. I started this weekend off by making a budget. I thought about a price that was fair for everyone but that would still result in the most epic weekend ever. I took that price and multiplied it by how many girls were attending. That total was the amount of money I had to spend for the entire weekend. Everything I picked up I got 16 of … I find it’s easier to do it this way instead of the girls picking up items on their own. We created a spreadsheet to keep track of everything that was purchased as well as who was attending, who paid, if they had any dietary restrictions, any suggestions, special notes and their clothing sizes. This makes it EASY to keep track of!
One of the best decisions we made was choosing to go with Four Seasons Resort Whistler as our destination. Even though their price point may seem higher than most, the experience they created for us was absolutely priceless. As Maid of Honour, I know that I will go down in history for planning the best bachelorette party ever and I honestly owe it all to the Four Seasons Resort Whistler. When you trust and use a property like Four Seasons they will help you plan and help you make your weekend the most epic that it possibly can be. It may seem crazy to approach a resort like this but it is SO worth sending out the initial email asking … the worst thing that they can say is NO!!!! A lot of times these resorts have people on their team that can help you with all of the party planning which is a total bonus because they have connections with all of the locals and local companies. They will help you get deals and help organize your itinerary so that everyone is included. Once you tally everything together and pool all of your money together you might be surprised that you actually can afford it.
If you’re interested here is a little taste of the itinerary for the weekend … We started the weekend off by being picked up in Vancouver by VIP Whistler. They brought us right to the Four Seasons Whistler which is where the fun began. The girls opened up their personalized goodie bags which I’ll go into further detail with below. We then got ready for a meal created “just for us” at Sidecut Restaurant. Then it was off to dance the night away!!!! The following day brunch started in our room at 10AM …when Butlers in the Buff showed up!! They entertained us until it was time to head to Bungee Jumping. Once again the girls got ready to go out to Buffalo Bills where once again we danced the night away!!! Sunday was time to RELAX after we had brunch in the Sidecut outdoor tents we headed to the SPA!!!! Ahhhhhhh and then it was back to Vancouver!!!
10 Tips To Plan The Best Bachelorette Party:
1. SQUAD UNIFORMS: We opted to go with Brunette The Label “blonde and “brunette” sweaters. They were great because even though they were an investment we know that the girls will wear them again. When you pick your squad uniform, make sure that they will be worn again … or don’t invest in it!! We also got matching Birdies Slippers for all of the girls so that they could be cozy and comfortable when we were in the residences. And I can’t forget the Chelsea King Scrunchies … they were perfect for the morning after messy buns!! To finish the squad uniforms off we had my favourite lip crayons from Glo Minerals in colours to match!!
2. Colour Scheme: speaking of clothes every Bachelorette party needs to be strategic about what you’re packing. Once you have established your uniform come up with the colour scheme. I sent an email about two weeks prior to the event telling the girls to pack light, neutral, pinks and coral colours so that in pictures we would all coordinate. Your pictures will turn out better and there will be more “that’s a framer” moments. We carried this colour scheme throughout the weekend in the decor and props. We ordered Landeau Roses to match and scatter throughout the rooms … it left our room smelling fresh and looking pretty! We also had Logiix pink blue tooth speakers so that no one needed to worry about music all weekend long … and they matched!!!! And Coal And Canary personalized candles for us to smell like champagne with a logo just for Sammy!!!
3. Entertainment: As immature and sexist as this might sound … Butlers In The Buff was one of the best investments we made this weekend. A lot of the girls didn’t know each other and it was a great way to break the ice and break down barriers. They kept the girls entertained for over two hours and it was the perfect addition to a lazy morning in the hotel. They served us food and drinks and even organized some pretty hilarious games. If this isn’t your cup of tea … I recommend doing something else that’s fun, funny and goofy to start the weekend off!!! We also decided to go Bungee jumping with Whistler Bungee and it was a great way to spend time together and go outside of our comfort zones. It’s a huge adrenaline rush and you HAVE to add it to your bucket list!!! We ended the weekend off at the Spa in the Four Seasons and it couldn’t have been more perfect to sit back, relax and be pampered … it gave us all some time to unwind after all of the festivities!! I recommend organizing at least one thing per day and everything else will fall into place.
4. Accommodation: We were lucky enough to stay at the Private Residences at the Four Seasons Resort Whistler. I would HIGHLY recommend looking into staying somewhere together instead of renting individual hotel rooms. It ends up being a similar price point to multiple rooms split amongst the group. It is fun being able to be all together all the time for the weekend. It makes waking up and getting ready that much more fun and you feel that much more connected throughout the weekend.
5. Food: Going buffet and family style for your meals is a great way to save money. We bought groceries for snacks and to tie the girls over in between meals. We stocked the fridge FULL of the Juicery Co juice for mix and a healthy jolt in the mornings. We called Sidecut restaurant in advance and organized a set menu to choose from with family style sides. All of our other meals were buffet style and “shared” making it easy peasy for everyone. Make sure you ask everyone if they have any food allergies PRIOR to the event so that you can make adjustments if necessary.
6. Alcohol: We decided to share a bunch of alcohol instead of “every man for themselves” which in the end I think was a great idea. We kept it easy and stuck to Martini Asti Sparkling Wine, Bombay Gin, and Grey Goose. It was perfect because both mornings we were able to have a Caesar Bar and a Mimosa Bar and no one needed to worry about who’s alcohol was who’s.
7. Professional Photographer: We hired our friend and photographer Kristin Sarna from Studio 86 to join us for the weekend and it was great because no one needed to worry about taking pictures. If everyone throws some money in together it ends up being an inexpensive cost in return for memories that will last a life time. 8. Transportation: I would TOTALLY recommend booking transportation to and from your location. We booked with VIP Whistler and it was perfect because no one needed to worry about whose vehicle you’re bringing, whose driving or pitching for gas … instead, you can just split it and it works out close to the same price!!!
9. Organize: I recommend organizing everything in advance so that you can relax and have fun during the weekend!!! If you’re lucky enough maybe the amazing team at the Four Seasons Whistler will help you with some suggestions too!!! Printing out itineraries for the girl is also a cute and inexpensive touch … but it will save you from being asked at all times what time the next event is at!!!
10. Goodie Bags: I love making goodie bags for Bachelorette parties and other special events so that the guests have something special and memorable to bring back with them. We went ALL out on these ones and fully stalked them with everything that I LOVE and already use …. Here is what we included…
1. TruMarine Collagen | 2. Logiix Speaker | 3. JHxMA Necklace | 4. Sunglasses | 5. Kapuluan Coconut Oil | 6. Brunette The Label Sweater | 7. Glo Minerals Lipstick | 8. Chelsea King Scrunchie | 9. Coal and Canary Candle | 10. Martini Asti Sparkling Wine | 11. Grey Goose Vodka | 12. The Juicery Co Juice | 13. Landeau Roses | 14. Birdies Slippers
We were really lucky that we were able to partner with some great brands and great friends and got discounts on many items but that doesn’t mean that you can’t too. Every time I went to book something I always asked for a group rate or if it was the best discount they could offer us. It’s important to negotiate with everyone on everything to save the pennies where you can. Do your research and instead of buying the $50 heart-shaped sunglasses find the $1 ones!!!
Thank you from the bottom of all of us girls hearts to everyone who helped us plan this and make it the most epic Bachelorette party ever!!