1. Definition of Personal Information
Personal information is defined as information that can identify an individual and information about an identifiable individual, which means a person can be identified by the information either directly or in combination with other information.
2. Collection of Personal Information
We collect and process your personal information only when we have a lawful basis to do so. Lawful bases include your consent, the fulfilment of our contractual rights or obligations, complying with applicable law, and the legitimate interests of us or third parties (provided that processing your data for a legitimate interest does not outweigh your rights and freedoms).
Examples of a legitimate interest include (i) analyzing user data to maintain and improve the Website for all users; (ii) providing you with access to our Website; (iii) providing you with up-to – date information about new features of our Website; and (iv) engaging third- party providers to deliver certain features of the Website. You may withdraw your consent or object to a legitimate interest at any time by contacting us at the email address provided below.
We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you use our Website, submit, post, or upload User Content, provide us information on a web form, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Website.
Personal information that we may collect may include:
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and IP addresses,
- Location data and demographic data such as your gender and age,
- Any content that you submit, post, or publish,
- Other content that you generate, or that is connected to you as a result of responding to submitted, posted, uploaded, or published content,
- Any other information you provide us through a web form, through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Website, and
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
3. Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect to:
- Provide, improve, and personalize our content and services,
- Communicate with you about our Website,
- Provide you customer service,
- Provide you with personalized advertising and marketing communications,
- Detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities, and
4. Security and Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. We may retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms and Conditions and take other actions permitted or required by applicable laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, as determined by us in our sole discretion in accordance with applicable laws, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
In recognition of our legal obligations to protect your personal information, we have made arrangements to protect against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or destruction of personal information.
5. Location of Servers
We may create, maintain, and archive information on servers that are not located on our immediate premises and are located in Canada or the USA, where the laws may be deemed by other countries to have inadequate data protection. Please be advised that a foreign government may be able to access data relating to your use of the Website, including your personal information, for lawful access purposes. If you are located outside of Canada or the USA and you continue to use the Website, you consent and continue to consent to us creating, maintaining, and archiving information on servers located on a third party’s premises within Canada and in the USA. We have agreements in place with our affiliates and contractors that include standard contractual clauses to protect your rights with respect to your data.
6. Children Under 16
The Website is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not use the Website or submit any personal information through the Website. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided their personal information to us, please contact us at the email address provided below, and we will delete that information.
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties without further notice to you. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Website, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Website. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with applicable laws. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our property or rights or the property or rights of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable laws.
- Service Providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to
binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
8. Consent for Collection, Use, and Disclosure
11. Third Party Services
12. Withdraw Consent
We only send promotional and marketing communications with your consent. If you no longer wish to receive these or other communications from us, send us an email at the email address provided below. You can stop receiving newsletter email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications.
13. Requests to Access, Correction, and Deletion
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access and make corrections to it. You can request to view and change your personal information by contacting us. Upon your request, we will change or remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your activity and in accordance with applicable laws.
Depending on the law that applies where you live, you may have additional rights, such as the right to request that we send your information to another organization of your choice (where technically feasible).
14. Improper Collection and Misuse of Personal Information
Please report any improper collection or misuse of personal information provided on the Website to us at the email address provided below. Depending on the law where you live, you may also have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection authority.