When picking a diaper bag I tried and tested SO many different ones before finding the one that I love. I’m not a HUGE purse girl and I always have a hard time finding one that I like that matches all of my outfits and any occasion. Make it a diaper bag and it makes it just that little bit harder as it requires a FEW more necessities!!!!! For starters, I wanted it to be functional yet still be able to pass as just a typical purse. You know how some you can TELL are a diaper bag???? I knew I didn’t want that!!!
Diaper bags are important if you’re a new mama and I needed to find one to be as organized as possible. I am so much more calm and relaxed when my life is in order. Follow along below as I walk you through my 7 key things that I looked for to find the perfect diaper bag …
7 Key Things to Look For To Find The Perfect Diaper Bag:
- First and foremost it needs to be functional … as much as I care about what it looks like, it also needs to serve its purpose and that’s to keep Leo’s diapers organized (and so much more lol)!!!
- I always lean towards simplicity which is why I loved the looks of the Barrington Gifts St. Anne Diaper tote bags.
- I tend to have an issue with the SIZE of purses … the bigger the better for me so that I can fit everything in one place!!! I love that this one fits pretty much everything …
- Of course, it needs to match my everyday outfits and any occasion. Wherever I am with Leo … this bag will be too!!! I wanted something that could pass as just a “purse” and not look like a diaper bag.
- The fabric of the bag is important. I knew I didn’t want leather or something that would stain, the fabric needed to be durable and water resistant so that I could wipe it down when it gets dirty!!!
- It’s important that the bag has separate compartments and zippers to store things and keep the bag organized. If it doesn’t make sure you get a divider to put inside!!!
- It’s a total bonus if it has matching travel cases … am I the only one that LOVES matching accessories??? I loved all of the different options that Barrington Gifts had to offer … including the duffle bag and the accessory case. I put my makeup in the accessory case and love that it matches when I throw it in the diaper bag on the go … and that everything will match when I travel!!! Not to mention everything has my initials … making it just that little bit harder to lose lol!!!!
What are your tips when looking for a diaper bag??? I’d love to hear in the comments below …
Thank you Barrington Gifts for sponsoring this post. All comments and opinions are my own.