This festive cocktail is PERFECT for Thanksgiving (coming up for us Canadians on Monday, October 14th!) or as a welcome drink for fall dinner parties! We were inspired to whip this cocktail up after a trip to Davison Orchards in Vernon, BC last year as it got all of us into the autumn spirit and we REALLY wanted to try and incorporate their delicious pure apple juice into a cocktail … and BOOM … the Apple Ginger Bourbon Smash was born!
Alright, here’s what we came up with …
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- .5 oz triple sec or dash orange bitters
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh unsweetened apple juice or apple cider (I got some from a local orchard in town!)
- Ginger beer for topping
- For garnish: Apple slices or cinnamon sticks
- Combine bourbon, triple sec, lemon juice and apple juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until you feel the outside of the shaker starting to get cold, and then strain through shaker into small glass filled with ice, about 3/4 full.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with apple slices or cinnamon.
What’s your favourite fall cocktail?? Comment below!!