I LOVE a good hack when I find one! I mean, who doesn’t?! It’s funny after having a baby you start thinking up and coming across these helpful hacks that make life that much easier when dealing with your growing babe and I know there are SO MANY hacks out there for parents but I wanted to share a few of my favourite hacks that I used around here and in return, I want to hear YOUR favourite because I’m sure there are some gooders out there!! Like the other day, someone told me that I could get this Baby Trend Range Jogging Stroller to go out on my regular jog with my baby and not having to worry about finding someone to take care of them.
Alright, let’s get right to it!! Of course, my first hack is decor related … LOL!! Go figure!!!
1. Formula Storage Container: I don’t know about you but I hate having those tins of formula on my counters, normally because they don’t look the nicest so I decided to transfer Leo’s formula into a super cute glass container and it looks WAY BETTER on the counter!! Ummm helllooooo decor hack!!!
2. Ikea Drawer Organizers: These are the bee’s knees!! Seriously! I use Ikea drawer organizers to help keep Leo’s baby boy clothes neat and tidy in his dresser AND I also use them in our suitcase when we’re packing to go on vacation!! It makes travelling a BREEZE because you don’t have to pull out all of the baby onesies in order to find something!!
3. EZPZ Happy Mats: Ok, these things are brilliant! They stick to tables and most high chairs so your babe can’t fling them around while eating and better yet, YOU don’t have to hold them in place!! The great thing about these is your child can use them for a solid few years and they’re really easy to clean! Pretty damn good purchase if you ask me!!
4. Vinyl Mat: I just recently purchased this vinyl mat and I put it underneath Leo’s highchair so when he decides to throw his food on the floor for Nacho … and Nacho licks it up or leaves it be, the mess is only in one small spot that is super easy to clean up! Until Leo’s throwing arm get’s stronger, that is … LOL!!!! The one I purchased was a bit on the pricey side but you can find vinyl mats online and at places like Winners and HomeSense that are SUCH a great price and will work just as good!
5. Nest Cam: We use our Nest Cam not only as our indoor/outdoor security camera but also as a baby monitor for Leo and we LOVE it! You can tune in and watch from anywhere directly from your phone and you can also rewind and rewatch certain moments such as … LEO’S FIRST STEPS! Even though Justin wasn’t there, it was all caught on our Nest Cam for him to check out!!
7. NoseFrida the snot sucker: For real. Lol. If you haven’t tried the NoseFrida on your babe … it’s a MUST! I can’t imagine getting those little boogies out of Leo’s nose any other way! LOL!!
8. Sprout Baby App: This app was allll I used when we first had Leo, you can track your babes feedings as well as sleep which I found incredibly helpful when we were sleep training! I literally tried every app possible and I found this one to be the best!! I would recommend this to any new mama!
9. Make and freeze Baby Pancakes: I love making baby pancakes for Leo’s breakfast … and he LOVES eating them. I always make lots ahead of time (when I find a spare moment to whip them up), then I put them in a Ziploc bag and toss them in the freezer which makes mornings a breeze for us around here!
10. Leo’s Power Patties: Just like the pancakes, I make these little power patties ahead of time and freeze them for days that we are on the go and Leo loves there. They are like a savory granola bar, packed with fiber, protein, and vegetables! Check out my recent blog for the full recipe and additional info!
Okay, those are some of my favourite tips and now I’m SO CURIOUS to know your favourites!!!! So please, share away below!!!