Hi guys!!! Cara Mcleay here from A Fashion Love Affair. I have taken over Jilly’s site today for my monthly hair tutorial. Today is all about braided crowns and beachy waves … Follow along with my steps below to get the same look!!!
1. Take a large section of hair from one side of your hair and braid making sure to pull the hair back as you braid so it will lay flat against your head. Secure with an elastic and gently pull the braid for a slightly undone look. (*My tip, it also hides imperfections when you slightly pull it out)
2. Take a smaller section of hair and repeat on the other side.
3. Take the first larger braid and run it along the back of your head, tuck in the ends against themselves and secure with a bobby pin. Make sure to hide the pins in your hair.
4. Take the smaller braid from the other side and lay it on top of the bigger braid, tucking in the ends to the big braid and securing with bobby pins, again ensuring you hide the pins. Use as many pins as needed to feel secure.
5. Create soft waves on the rest of your hair using the XO Styling Iron – You can watch the tutorial here
6. Spray entire look with hairspray.
To get this beachy wave look head to my site and use code: XOJILLIAN for 15% OFF on your very own XO Iron!!!