Gooood morning loves and merry (almost) Christmas!! Today I have a super fun (and easy!!) recipe for you that’s PERFECT for an appetizer tonight or before your Christmas dinner tomorrow … it’s Christmas Tree Bread!! And how freakin CUTE is it?! It’s funny, a few days ago I actually had this recipe on my mind and then all of a sudden while scrolling through Instagram it popped up on Erin Ireland’s page, it was meant to be!! LOL!! So, I decided to whip it up while the girls were here for a photoshoot and share the recipe with you!! My version of this Christmas Tree bread involves lots of garlic and vegan margarine … I mean … it’s Christmas after all, right?!
Christmas Tree Bread
- 3 rolls of Pillsbury Pizza Dough (or your favourite dough!)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Becel Vegan Margarine
- Violife Mozzarella Vegan Cheese (Or, you can use Miyokos VeganMozz or go to a Farmer’s Market and find an Artisan Vegan Cheese Maker and get the closest thing to mozzarella!)
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Pizza Sauce (Any brand you like!)
- Marinara Sauce (Any brand you like as well!)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Crush 4 cloves of garlic in a small bowl, add 4 tablespoons of vegan Becel to the bowl and heat in microwave until margarine melts in the bowl
- Cut your vegan cheese into 23 cubes
- Roll out your dough and cut into 23 pieces
- Place one cheese cube in the middle of one piece of dough and fold dough over the cube of cheese
- Brush with vegan garlic butter, place on sheet forming a Christmas tree, repeat for all pieces of dough
- Once you have formed your tree brush it again with vegan garlic butter and place in oven to bake for approximately 20 minutes
- Combine your pizza sauce and marinara sauce together to make a dipping sauce
- Sprinkle your Christmas tree with finely chopped basil and a sprinkle of sea salt and enjoy!
Let me know if you make it and if you made any tweaks of your own!!