Okay, you guys!!! Today I FINALLY get to share one of my most FAVOURITE summer drink recipes with you!! It’s my own spin on Lemonade and I can’t BELIEVE I haven’t been making this my entire LIFE. Such a summery tropical twist on your average lemonade. Every time I drink it I can just picture myself … toes in the water … ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a coconut lemonade in my hand … life is good today. Life is good today… you get the drift! It’s a basically an oasis in a glass!
The beauty about this recipe is it tastes amazing as a Mocktail BUT if you’re planning on getting a little silly poolside you can add some vodka to it as well to shake things up a bit!! You know that’s what I’ll be doing this summer!! Because as they say … no great story ever started with a salad! LOL!!
Ok, let’s get to the goods!!
Coconut Lemonade Ingredients (makes one pitcher):
- 6 organic squeezed lemons
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 can of coconut cream
- 4 cups of Water
Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup organic cane sugar (or any sugar you would like to use!)
- 1 cup water
1. Start by zesting one lemon, set aside.
2. Squeeze all lemon juice into your desired pitcher.
3. Combine lemon zest, 1 cup cane sugar and 1 cup of water to a small pot for the simple syrup. Bring to boil then simmer until mixture starts to thicken. Turn heat off and let sit to thicken further.
4. Pour one full can of coconut cream into a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Stir in 1/2 cup of simple syrup mixture to your lemon juice in your pitcher.
6. Add 1/2 of the blended coconut cream to the lemon juice and simple syrup in your pitcher. Stir until smooth.
7. Add up to four cups of water to your pitcher but make sure to taste after every cup and stop adding water when your taste buds are happy as some people prefer sweet lemonade and other’s don’t!
8. Fill glasses with fresh ice fill with coconut lemonade. Garnish with lemon or pineapple slices and ENJOY!!!
There you have it loves, your new summer drink staple has arrived!! Make sure to share your feedback with me in the comments section below!