It is OFFICIALLY time!! I have been talking about the delicious, creamy, indulgent, Banana Coconut Latte’s from Giovane’s for so long now and I’m so excited to finally share the recipe with you!! Every time I stay in Vancouver at the Fairmont Pacific Rim I make SURE I grab my morning latte from Giovane’s before heading out to set because it’s THAT GOOD!!!
If you’re in the Vancouver area, do yourself a favour and run (don’t walk!) to Giovane’s and treat yourself to one of these slices of heaven now!! Or, if you have all of the ingredients at home, try the recipe below!!! That’s right, the team at Giovane’s helped us with this recipe and we cannot WAIT for you to try it!
This latte is the perfect creamy treat with sweet notes of coconut and the slightest hint of banana but if you’re craving a more intense banana–coconut flavour, increase puree to 6 or more tablespoons when making your latte!! We found that the Soy milk banana lattes were the creamiest and tasted the best … so if you’re a soy milk fan, we suggest using So Nice soy milk for best results. Also, make sure to use strong espresso … or if you’re in a pinch, use strong leftover coffee!
Pro Tip: Leave out the espresso for a banana–coconut steamer that’s perfect for kids or as a caffeine-free treat!
- 1 can full fat high-quality coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup soy milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 shot espresso
- In a high-speed blender, add whole can of coconut milk, banana and sugar. Blend on high for 3 minutes or until completely smooth and creamy. Ensure the fat from the coconut milk hasn’t separated from the rest of the mixture. Transfer to airtight jar or container and refrigerate until ready to use (prepare in advance up to 3 days).
- If you have an electric frother or steamer, add 5 tablespoons of banana-coconut puree to the carafe. Add soy milk, and heat until creamy and smooth. In a small mug, add shot of espresso. Using a spoon, carefully pour the steamed milk in, reserving the foam until the very end. ENJOY!
- Heat a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add 5 tablespoons of banana-coconut puree Add soy milk and whisk to combine. Heat over medium-low heat until warmed through, and then transfer to high speed blender and blend on high for 3-4 minutes until frothy. In a small mug, add shot of espresso. Using a spoon, carefully pour the steamed milk in, reserving the foam until the very end. ENJOY!
Let me know what you think below!!