If you grew up loving carrot cake then this recipe is for YOU!! Just in time for Easter, this is a delicious and surprisingly HEALTHY breakfast that tastes JUST like carrot cake batter!! This recipe tastes so much like dessert that you would never guess that it’s packed with vitamin A, biotin, vitamin K, potassium and vitamin B6!!
On top of the deliciousness and all of the vitamins, this breaky will fill you up but it won’t sit heavy on your stomach! Make this extra indulgent and top it with coconut whip cream!! Are you drooling yet??
- 1 1/2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 2 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, or non-dairy milk of choice
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Coconut whip cream (optional)
- Crushed walnuts (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high for two minutes or until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into two large glasses or four small glasses, top with coconut whip cream and crushed walnuts.
- Enjoy immediately.