Good morning loves!!! Did you know that today is Giving best booklet printing!?! I’m so happy about this because the last few days have been all about spending and sometimes we lose focus on what the holidays are all about … giving back to your community!!
It’s so important to remember that we don’t have to spend money to spread the cheer this holiday season … we can do really simple things on a daily basis that ultimately make a HUGE difference in people’s lives that literally cost nothing at all!!! Below are 10 ideas for you that you can try as soon as today!! …
- Volunteer: There are so many places in need of help this year, try lending a hand at your local food bank.
- Compliment Someone: Give someone a compliment (on their outfit, their hair … anything) and watch their face LIGHT up.
- Smile: Pretty simple right?! Smile at a stranger and see if you get one back in return!!
- Send a thoughtful message: Text a loved one that you haven’t talked to in a while and let them know you’re thinking of them!
- Make something: Let your creative juices FLOW!! For example, if you love painting, dig out your paints and brushes and whip something up for a loved one … these are ALWAYS the best gifts because they come directly from the heart!!
- Hold the door open: When you’re walking ahead of someone, hold the door for them … chivalry is not dead (right guys?!?!)…
- Let someone go in front of you in traffic: It takes TWO seconds … let’s put the end to road rage one kind act at a time!!
- Spread the love on Social Media: There are so many cyber bullies out there, let’s take the time to spread the LOVE!! Like someone’s photo, compliment them, share a feel good news story … make it rain “warm fuzzies” all over the internet!!
- Greet your loved one with a kiss or a hug: What’s not to love about a warm welcome?!?!
- Start a conversation: If you have a new coworker, or have met someone new to your community, start up a conversation and make them feel welcome!!
I know that some of you do enjoy buying gifts for others, so I’ve come up with something special for you!! All of the items you see here in the gift guide below ALL give back in some way, shape, or form and there’s nothing better than giving a gift that GIVES, plus they are still chic and cool and your friends and family would still love to receive them!!! Below are a few of my faves, but trust me, there are SO many that I truly love. I’ve also made sure to include a brief description for you below, so you know exactly how they help out when you purchase these items!! …
1. Gaia Clutch | 2. Cuddle + Kind Doll | 3. Happy Spritz | 4. Tiny Tom’s | 5. The Printed Bow | 6. Blue Ruby Bracelet | 7. Charity Water Candle | 8. Obakki Foundation – Scarves for Water | 9. WWF Wildlife Adoption | 10. Kelly Slater Give Back Throw | 11. Bird + Stone – Dreambuilder’s Cuff | 12. Pottery Barn Heart Shaped Pet Bowls
Gaia: These beautiful creations are handmade by resettled refugee women in Dallas using vintage, artisan-made, and sustainable materials. Their mission is to empower marginalized woman through employment, encouragement, and dedication to their long-term success in their own local communities. Their goal is to lead the woman to financial independence and self-sufficiency.
Cuddle + Kind: These ethically made, hand knit (and totally adorable) little dolls actually help FEED children!!! When you purchase one doll, it provides 10 meals to children in North America and around the world!! They also have cute prints as well, one print equals 5 meals!!!
Happy Spritz: A collection of essential oil products created for both men and women (and smell amazing…) they are natural, cruelty-free and non-toxic!! Happy Spritz gives back to animal rescue organizations, efforts and causes!!!
Toms: For every pair of Tom’s sold they give a new pair of shoes to children in need … they’ve given away 60 MILLION pairs of new shoes so far!!! I also just HAD to share what I stumbled upon just recently … these adorable Tiny Tom’s … and the best part about them (besides the fact that they give back) … they’re VEGAN!!!!
The Printed Bow: These adorable little bows are made from cotton and linen, and they’re available in fun prints!!! This holiday season the Printed Bow will be donating bows to the Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto!!
Blue Ruby: All proceeds from these cute little bracelets go to the Cause We Care Foundation. This program benefits single mothers and children in need in Vancouver. Blue Ruby has donated over $260,000 to support Cause We Care!!!
Charity Water: This non-profit organization helps to bring clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries. With the purchase of any of the goods listed on their website, 100% of the proceeds go directly to helping fund clean water projects!!
Obakki Foundation – Scarves for Water: 500 of these limited edition scarves worn around the world helps to build clean water wells in Africa!!
WWF (World Wildlife Fund Canada): When you purchase a “Wildlife Adoption” not only do you get a cute little plush toy (Leo has the Lion!!) plus an educational poster, personalized adoption certificate, and reusable tote bag but your donation goes directly to helping to conserve wildlife and our planet for future generations!!!
Pottery Barn Heart Shaped Pet Bowls: When you purchase this set of two, 5% of the purchase price goes towards the ASPCA, an organization dedicated to preventing animal cruelty and finding homeless animals loving families.
There you have it!! Some amazing companies that are really doing their part to help out and needless to say, that really warms my heart!!! …
For additional ideas of how you can give back this year make sure to check out my previous blog on this topic! I want to hear from you, let me know in the comment below how you like to spread the love over the holidays!!!