Happy Friday loves!! Valentine’s Day is RIGHT around the corner and we’ve been busy planning and creating SO MUCH Valentine’s Day content to share with you! From DIY’s to gift guides to perfectly PINK PASTA, you’re going to be ready and inspired to your little heart’s content!!
So, to kick our Valentine’s Day content off, we’ve decided to share our Perfectly Pink Pasta recipe with you!! Now, the great thing about this pasta is that it’s fairly quick to prepare because we decided to use premade noodles (you can use ANY pasta noodles you wish, whether it be Rigatoni, Fettuccini, Penne, or Spaghetti … you decide!) but if you’re looking to put a little extra LOVE into this dish, feel free to get all Martha Stewart on us and make your own homemade noodles … (extra points go out to the person who does that … and we want to see photos of it too!!!) LOL!!
Mackenzie came up with this recipe and all of us girls got to be the taste testers (even Leo got in on this!) and all of us absolutely LOVED AND DEVOURED IT!! It’s so freakin tasty! Not only is the sauce pink but because the beets (which is what is used to colour the sauce) have such a vibrant colour, that when you mix the noodles in with the pink sauce, it actually turns the noodles pink as well!!! It’s such a fun pasta to whip up for your lover, or for your girlfriends … and it obviously tastes best with a glass of Rosé!
Ps. Don’t forget to check out my Valentine’s Day Shop page HERE for more V-Day inspo!!
- Heaping 1/2 cup soaked raw cashews, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup water
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 small beet, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp concentrated vegetable bouillon OR 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 box favourite fancy pasta
- 1/3 starchy pasta water
- Soak cashews overnight, or for at least 10 minutes with boiling water
- Preheat oven to 425. Wrap cubed beets in tin foil, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 50-60 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a blender, combine drained and rinsed cashews, water, roasted beet, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Start by adding just a few small pieces of beet and work your way up until you reach the level of pink or ‘beet’ flavour you desire. Blend on high for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Boil pasta and set aside. Save 1/3 cup starchy pasta water.
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat, add pink cream sauce and bring to a simmer. Add in white wine, starchy pasta water and vegetable bouillon, and simmer on low until warmed through. Taste and adjust seasoning at this point.
- Add in pasta and stir until pasta is fully coated.
- Serve with vegan Parmesan cheese! ENJOY!
Are you going to give it a try?? If so, make sure to post photos of your pink pasta creations over on my Facebook page!!!