Hi guys, it’s Tori here, Jillian’s cousin and registered dietitian/blogger from Fraîche Nutrition! Tis the season for EVERYTHING pumpkin so of course we’re jumping on the bandwagon with this cozy Pumpkin Spice Steamer!
Honestly, it’s like sipping on a mug of warm pumpkin pie, sooo dreamy, perfectly spiced and not-too-sweet. Oh yes, and we love how easy it is to whip together for those cozy fall days raking leaves or reading a good book on the couch.
Now, about this recipe. Clearly it comes together in a pinch with no fancy tools needed. You can add a shot of espresso if you want to make it a latté or you can sub soy milk for the almond milk if you wish. Be sure to use pumpkin purée, NOT pie filling as they are found next to each other in the grocery store but are much different products.
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (plus extra for garnish)
- ¼ cup coconut whip (optional)
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium-low heat whisk together the almond milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Divide the ‘milk’ into mugs, top each mug with a dollop of coconut whip and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and serve!
Happy fall loves!