Arrrrriiiiibaaa!!! If you caught yesterday’s blog, you’ll know I’m ALL about Cinco De Mayo!! So far this week I’ve shared the cutest watermelon piñata DIY, and a festive DIY pompom garland!! If you missed either of these, make sure to check them out here! Well, today I’m in the mood for FOOD so I’m sticking to the Mexican theme and sharing my Vegan Taco Boat and Mexican Grilled Corn recipes with you!
Both of these recipes are packed with flavour and they couldn’t be easier to make! Plus, they’re a hit for ALL members of the family! These are the perfect dishes to bring to any party or whip up for an exciting weeknight meal!
Are you ready for this mouth-watering goodness?
Psstttt … check out the images below for some more AMAZING Cinco De Mayo outfit ideas from Urban Outfitters!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion
- 3 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 package of [Gardein Beefless Groundhttps://www.gardein.com/products/gluten-free-beefless-ground/]
- 1-2 packages of taco seasoning (I prefer to add 2 packages for more flavour)
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese (I like Emborg shredded cheese!)
- 1 package of soft tortilla taco bowls
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1 package of your favourite guacamole
- 1 cup of your favourite salsa
- 4 cobs of corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 3 tablespoons vegan feta or ricotta (I like to use Black Sheep or Kite Hill)
- 1 lime
- Vegan parm cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Finally dice the white onion and cook on medium to low heat in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft and translucent but make sure not to brown.
- Once onion is soft and translucent add one bag of Gardein Beefless Ground to onion mixture and add 3 tablespoons of vegan butter.
- Add one package of taco seasoning (or two packages if you prefer more flavour, this is what I do!) along with one cup of water and fry on medium to high heat until brown and crispy.
- Once taco mixture is brown and crispy, set aside.
- Prepare your Vegan Taco Boats. Arrange your soft tortilla taco bowls on a platter. Add layer of vegan cheese, then add a layer of your taco mixture to the bowl. Continue to layer with your desired toppings, I like to add a layer of salsa and guacamole then top it off with more vegan cheese, cilantro and a thinly sliced jalapeño.
- You can also add diced tomatoes, diced peppers, refried beans, the list is endless!
- Preheat your BBQ on low-medium heat.
- Toss your cobs of corn in olive oil and place on BBQ. You want the cobs of corn on the BBQ long enough to char on both sides. Make sure to keep on eye on them and turn as needed.
- Once corn is charred remove from BBQ and arrange on a platter. Smother the top of your corn with vegan mayo, vegan feta or ricotta and squeeze a hefty amount of lime juice on top of the cobs.
- Sprinkle vegan parm on corn and top with a dash of paprika, chopped cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
There you have it!! I hope you enjoy both of these recipes as much as I do! Stay tuned for my Watermelon Jalapeño Margarita recipe next week as it’s the PERFECT cocktail to serve with both of these dishes!